Summary of the Poem Whatif by Shel Silverstein

Whatif I flunk that test. The speaker asks many questions.


Shel Silverstein Silverstein Poems Shel Silverstein Shel Silverstein Quotes

Whatif I dont grow taller.

. In the poem Whatif the poet talks about the same fears in his head. Whatif my head starts getting smaller. The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image.

Whatif nobody likes me. The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. Weve all been there Im sure that moment when we finish writing something whether its a letter a diary entry a chapter of a novel or a poem when we experience what feels like a momentous.

It is a light verse where the speaker of the poem asks a series of what if questions to himself. However during the night he is again haunted by the same dreams. Whatif I get sick and die.

The Giving Tree Where the Sidewalk Ends and A Light in the Attic are some of his most notable works. Whatif I dont grow talle. Summary of the poem Whatif by Shel Silverstein.

Whatif I start to cry. Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me. The narrator is young and many question quarries appear to his mind which he shares.

I think that for anyone who writes its therapeutic properties must have come to mind at some point. It is taken from his collection of poetry called A Light in the Attic 1981. The poem is expressed by the poet through a childs voice and showed his point of view.

Although Shel Silverstein 1930-1999 did not intend to become a childrens writer he is best known for his poetry for children. Whatif my head starts getting smaller. The poem Whatif is written by Shel Silverstein.

Whatif my head starts getting smaller. Shel Silverstein never studied poetry so his poems stand apart from the work of other poets. Also Know what is Shel Silversteins most famous poem.

Whatif the wind tears up my kite. Also when was whatif by Shel Silverstein written. Whatif green hair grows on my chest.

What if his parents get divorced. Whatif I dont grow talle. And whatif i are repeated.

The poem Whatif is written by Shel Silverstein. Whatif green hair grows on my chest. Secondly what is Shel Silversteins most famous poem.

Whatif green hair grows on my chest. It is a light verse with the poem is humorous short and the subject is very light easy to understand and frivolous in nature. Whatif nobody likes me.

The poems for children are accompanied by illustrations also created by Shel Silverstein. Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me. Whatif theres poison in my cup.

The narrators wild imagination shows that he is still a child and his way of thinking is very limited. Mood of the speaker. The narrator worries about whether his teeth will grow straight whether green hairs might grow on his chest.

Asking these questions before bed is when a person is most vaunrable. Last night while I lay thinking here Some Whatifs crawled inside my ear And pranced and partied all night long And sang their same old Whatif song. Whatif I get beat up.

It is unnecessary stress you could say and each question cannot be helped or controled so it is a persons desire to control and manage each question they may have. For example he uses a variety of moods or. It is a light verse where the speaker of the poem asks a series of what if questions to himself.

No single definition of poetry is possible but some characteristic features of poetry may be. Whatif the fish wont bite. When the speaker was lying and thinking the previous night a group of whatifs entered his head through the ears.

Shel Silverstein The word POETRY originates from a Greek word meaning TO MAKE. Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me. Whatif I flunk that test.

He expresses his fears through the what if situations like what if he is a dumb student in the school. When the day time comes everything becomes normal. Whatif I never learn to dance.

The speaker of the poem asks to himself a series of questions beginning with a what if. A poet is thus a maker and the poem something that is made or created. Whatif I start to cry.

Whatif the fish wont bite. Whatif I get sick and die. All of the whatifs being said are all worries and questions that are out of the persons control.

Whatif is a poem written by Shel Silverstein. Whatif by Shel Silverstein is a playful presentation of fears struggles and uncertainties that haunt Silverstein at night and the organization of the presentation is something that crosses boundaries of logic and reason. We think of the bad things that can happen to us.

The poem is not to be taken literally or a whatif. There are numerous times when we are surrounded by fears. This poem is written in a childs voice and point of view.

Subsequently one may also ask when was whatif by Shel Silverstein written. What If Summary. He wonders what will happen to him when something bad happens.

Whatif I get beat up. What If by Shel Silverstein is a 24 lines poem in which a child tells about his dreams and fascinations during the night. Whatif I get sick and die.

It was first published by Harper Row in 1981. Everything seems swell and then The night-time Whatif strikes again. Whatif theres poison in my cup.

Whatif Im dumb in. Whatif they start a war. English Language CBSE Class 6.

When the speaker was lying and thinking the previous night a group of whatifs entered his head through the ears. When the narrator go to bed for sleep at night he thoughts somethings dangerous and very bad thing may happens with his so her mind is filled with full of doubts. What if he gets sick and dies.

Whatif nobody likes me. Although Shel Silverstein 1930-1999 did not intend to become a childrens writer he is best known for his poetry for children. Shel Silversteins Whatif.

A Light in the Attic is a collection of poems by the American poet writer and childrens author Shel Silverstein. Whatif the wind tears up my kite. Whatif I start to cry.

Whatif the fish wont bite. Whatif I flunk that test. Perhaps he or she is in confusion.

Whatif the wind tears up my kite.


What If Shel Silverstein Poem Silverstein Poems Shel Silverstein Poems Poetry For Kids


Shel Silverstein Nobody 984 1280 Shel Silverstein Quotes Silverstein Poems Shel Silverstein Poems


What If Poem Listening Thinking Ela Esl Efl Questions Discussion Silverstein Poems Shel Silverstein Poems Poems

No comments for "Summary of the Poem Whatif by Shel Silverstein"